Does your website meet the new regulation and requirements for data security and google compliance?
As of 2019 Google and other search engines will start flagging websites that do not have an SSL Certificate installed. This will cause your website to fall of the Google search results and prompt browser warnings telling visitors your site is insecure. See below for example.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. … To be able to create an SSL connection a web server requires an SSL Certificate.
Why Do I Need An SSL Certificate?
- Security. As part of new privacy and security regulations your website must ensure user data and transactions are encrypted. It also prevents hackers from injecting malicious code into websites that could compromise your business.
- Your public liability and business insurance is void if someone gains access to your websites user/private data. This is important if you accept payments and transactions online via credit card.
- Web Browsers will start blocking your website and informing visitors that your website is insecure.
- Google will bump you off their search results which will take away a large portion of your online presence.
How Do I Know If My Website Has SSL Security?
Simply visit your website and look at the url address bar. If it has a Padlock and (https) instead of (http) that means it is secure. Figure below.
What Can I Do?
- About 50% of websites can easily update to SSL without any issues. However the cost to have an SSL Certificate can cost upwards of $170 / Year.
- Modern Web Hosting & Web Design Companies offer SSL to all their websites at no extra charge to protect themselves as well as their clients.
- Talk to your current web hosting company and ask them to integrate SSL (This should be done at a reasonable price) as it is a compliance standard.
- Migrate your website to a new platform and web hosting company from $500 with Internet Marketing Auckland . We have helped a number of businesses redesign and upgrade their website for minimal cost.
- Consider a complete website upgrade? If your website is outdated it may be time for a complete overhaul. Get it done right with a web company that looks after you and ensures your businesses online presence is sustainable.
At Internet Marketing Auckland we offer a range of Web Design & Online Marketing Services to help businesses grow their presence.
Feel free to contact us if you have any website or online marketing queries. We are more than happy to assist.